George Stuntz – Duluth pioneer surveyor and his crew made the first recorded visit to Three Lakes area in May of 1867
In 1920 Edward J. Filiatrault and family made their mark on the Three Lakes by purchasing land for the Nisoui Lakes, opening the area for recreational development. Click the link to read a biography of Mr. Filiatrault from Walter Van Brunt’s 1921 “History of Duluth and St. Louis County”
Bob Watts – 1922-2019
Bob was a very longtime resident, and co-founder of our Lake Association in 1971. Click the link below to read Bob’s 2002 recollections of the association’s beginnings and of his long life here at Three Lakes.