The French Club occupies 15 acres on the north shore of Lake Elora. It originated under the auspices of the French Naturalization Club of St. Jean -Baptiste Catholic Church in the West End of Duluth.
E.J. Filiatrault, developer of the first Nisoui Lakes plats, was president of this organization, and donated this land in 1922 for its formation as a popular Catholic family retreat.
Click the link below to read Vern DeRoche’s 1992 recollections of The French Club